Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Chicken Fried Rice is a popular and delicious dish that originated in China but is now enjoyed worldwide. The dish consists of cooked rice stir-fried with chicken, eggs, vegetables such as peas, carrots, and onions, and seasoned with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and other spices.
The chicken is usually cut into small pieces and marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch, giving it a tender and flavorful taste. Chicken Fried Rice is a complete meal that is both satisfying and filling, and it can be served as a main course or as a side dish. Its versatility and simplicity make it a popular choice for those who want to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal.
Ingredients for Chicken Fried Rice
- • 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- • 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- • 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- • 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- • 600g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- • 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- • 3 cups cold cooked rice (see note)
- • 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- • 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- • 1/4 cup fried shallots
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice
- 1. Combine soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl. Set aside. Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 3 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining chicken.
- 2. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and onion to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add egg and rice. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is well combined with rice.
- 3. Return chicken to wok. Add soy sauce mixture, basil and green onions. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with fried shallots and serve.