Chicken Tikka is a popular Pakistani and Indian dish that consists of small pieces of boneless chicken marinated in a blend of spices and yogurt, and then grilled or baked to perfection. The marinade typically includes a mixture of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala, which gives the chicken a rich and flavorful taste. The dish is usually served with fresh coriander, lemon wedges, and a side of mint chutney.
Tikka is a perfect example of the diversity and complexity of Indian cuisine, and has gained widespread popularity across the globe as a beloved and delicious dish.
Ingredients You Need for Chicken Tikka
- 1) Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2) 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 3) 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4) 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 5) 2 tsp Curry powder
- 6) 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 7) 2 Cups plain yoghurt
- 8) 4 Finely chopped garlic cloves
- 9) 1 Inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 10) 2 tsp Ground cumin
How to Make Chicken Tikka
- 1. Mix all ingredients except chicken together in a bowl and refrigerate it overnight.
- 2. Add chicken (cut in cubes) and marinate it in the above-mentioned bowl.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5. Bring chicken to room temperature and skewer on bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes).
- 6. Place on baking tray and bake in oven for 20 to 35 minutes.
- 7. 3 tbsp of butter can be drizzled over for the last 5 minutes of cooking.