Prawn & Cheese Karahi Recipe 2023
Prawn & cheese karahi is a popular dish in Pakistani and Indian cuisine. It is made by cooking prawns in a rich and spicy tomato-based gravy along with a generous amount of melted cheese. The dish is traditionally cooked in a wok-like pan called a karahi, which adds a unique flavor to the dish.
The spicy and tangy gravy, combined with the succulent prawns and creamy melted cheese, creates a delectable fusion of flavors and textures. Prawn and cheese karahi is typically served with Naan or Roti and is a perfect dish for a family dinner or a gathering with friends.
Ingredients For Prawn & Cheese Karahi
- 1) Prawns(washed & deveined) 1 kg
- 2) Cottage Cheese (cubed) 200 gms
- 3) Garlic Paste 2 tbsp
- 4) Salt as per taste
- 5) onions (finely Sliced) 2 medium
- 6) Tomatoes (chopped) 5-6 medium
- 7) Big Green Chillies 3-4
- 8) Bay leaves 2
- 9) Red Chilli Powder 1 tbsp
- 10) Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- 11) Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
- 12) Garam Masala Powder 1 tbsp
- 13) Dry Fenugreek 1 tsp
- 14) Black pepper (freshly Ground) 1/2 tsp
- 15) Dalda Cooking Oil 1/2 cup
- 1) Fresh Coriander(chopped) 1/2 bunch
- 2) Ginger 2 tbsp
How to cook Prawn & Cheese Karahi
- 1. In a wok,heat Dalda Cooking Oil on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- 2. Add bay leaves and saute onions till soft.
- 3. Add garlic and stir-fry fir a minute.
- 4. Then add tomatoes and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Add salt, red chilli Powder,cumin and turmeric and mix well.
- 6. Cook until the tomatoes are half tender.
- 7. Add prawns and mixwell.
- 8. Cover and cook on medium heat till water in the prawns dries.
- 9. Add cottage cheese,green chillies,garam masal ,fenugreek and black pepper.
- 10. Simmer in low heat for 5-7 minuts.
- 11.Garnish and serve hot Roti or with Naan.